EXTENSION OF BORDER RESTRICTIONS UNTIL 30 APRIL 2020
In response to the global wide and rapid spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Government of Mongolia has decided to impose the following restriction measures:
- Extend the partial undertaking of high-alert preparedness until 30 April 2020,
- Temporarily suspend entry of all passengers through all border checkpoints until 30 April 2020,
These restrictions do not apply to:
- Accredited staff and their direct family members of diplomatic missions and offices of international organizations in Mongolia (to be quarantined for 14 days upon arrival)
- Foreign nationals who are direct family members of Mongolian nationals (to be quarantined for 14 days upon arrival), and
- International freight transport drivers and railway train personnel of Mongolia, Russia and China.
Hence, the Embassy has temporarily suspended all types of visa services for foreign nationals to travel to Mongolia during the abovementioned restriction period. Should you have any further question or clarification, please contact us by email at email@example.com.