UPDATE: FOR THE ATTENTION OF VISITORS TO MONGOLIA
To prevent the COVID-19 outbreak and decrease the potential risks, the State Emergency Commission of Mongolia has decided to impose the following measures:
- Close all border checkpoints between Mongolia and China until 30 March 2020,
- Extend the suspension of all flights from/to South Korea and Japan, as well as flights between Ulaanbaatar and Irkutsk, Ulaanbaatar and Ulan-Ude until 28 March 2020,
- Suspend all flights from/to Moscow, Berlin, Nur-Sultan and Istanbul from 12 p.m. on 11 March 2020 until 28 March 2020, and international passenger rail from 10 March 2020 until 28 March 2020,
- Suspend passenger transportation through auto border checkpoints between Mongolia and Russia from 8 p.m. on 11 March 2020 until 31 March 2020, and
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mongolia may facilitate the cross-border movement for foreign nationals wishing to return to their home countries via Russia through auto border checkpoints between Mongolia and Russia during the restriction period from 11 March 2020 until 31 March 2020.