ON MEASURES TO BE ENFORCED FROM 1 FEBRUARY 2020
In connection to the World Health Organization conclusion and advice and the decision by the Government of Mongolia, the below measures to be enforced from 1 February until 2 March 2020 in response to the novel coronavirus 2019-nCoV outbreak. Up to date, there are no confirmed cases of coronavirus in the country, however, Mongolia is considered to be at high risk.
- Entry of foreign nationals into Mongolia through all border crossings with China (air, railway, auto roads) will be restricted.
- Mongolian nationals will be allowed entry into Mongolia through road crossings of Bulgan-Takashiken in Khovd province, Zamyn-Uud-Erlian in Dornogovi province, Bayankhoshuu-Uvdug in Dornod province from 1 February until 5 February 2020, and through Buyant-Ukhaa (Chinggis Khaan International Airport) airport and Zamyn-Uud railway port from 6 February until 2 March 2020.
- Foreign nationals are allowed to travel from Mongolia to China through Buyant-Ukhaa airport (Chinggis Khaan International Airport) and Zamyn-Uud railway port.
- Mongolian nationals are prohibited from travel to the People’s Republic of China until 2 March 2020.
- Restrictions will not be applied to truck drivers and their vehicles crossing the Mongolia-China border through Bulgan-Takashiken, Shiveekhuu-Sekhee, Gashuunsukhait-Gantsmod, Khangi-Mandal, Zamyn-Uud-Erlian, Bichigt-Zuunkhatavch, Bayankhoshuu-Uvdug border points.
- No restrictions imposed on export and imports of goods and products.
Certain restrictions will be applied to issuing visas to foreign nationals applying for visas at the Diplomatic Missions of Mongolia in the People’s Republic of China during the above mentioned period of time.
Under these circumstances, the Embassy will be unavailable to provide express service of 1 business day. Only standard service of 5 business days will be in place.